... from the IDEApro Suite
[USD] U.S. Bond Strategy for April 23
[USD] Treasuries saw further selling to finish off the week on Friday during a relatively quiet session light on economic data of great significance, managing to push the 10Yr Note to its highest level since January 2014. In terms of Fed speakers, markets continued to see widespread support of continued rate hikes, this time coming from San Francisco Fed President Williams and Fed Governor Brainard.
4/20/2018 8:10:42 PM
[EUR] The week ahead in the Eurozone
[EUR] In the Eurozone the key event is the ECB governing council meeting which we expect to keep monetary policy steady. Pres Draghi's accompanying press conference however should reiterate his previous remarks. It is also survey week in the region and the market will focus its gaze on the flash estimates of the sectoral PMIs for Apr as well as the German Ifo survey, the French INSEE survey and indeed the EU Commission's Eurozone survey - all of which we expect to reveal dampened sentiment and a weaker business conditions climate.
4/20/2018 4:32:48 PM
[GBP] The week ahead in the UK
[GBP] In the UK the key focus is on the preliminary estimate of Q1 output- based GDP growth which could surprise the market on the downside and put paid to any lingering expectation of a BoE Rate increase occurring in May. Mar fiscal finances data and the CBI's Apr surveys for the manufacturing industry and retailing are also due. Nationwide releases its house price report for Apr.
4/20/2018 4:16:26 PM
[FRX] FX market strategy for 23 Apr
[FRX] The USD has surged across the board following the rebound in Treasury yields since mid-week, while GBP in particular has lost further ground. (Please see below for our full, updated FX strategy.)
4/20/2018 4:12:15 PM
IDEAglobal clients have been asking if we could make some revisions to the FX service
on Thomson Reuters (IDEAFX). In response we have added a number of benefits for you:
- Streamlined product structure for ease of use.
- Reordered technical pages to allow users to more quickly review our technical calls on major FX pairs.
- Daily CNH analysis (IDEAFX70) in light of the surge in FX volume seen in the offshore market over recent quarters.
Download the IDEAFX product guide here.
IDEAglobal TV, Videos & Media
IDEAglobal products on Bloomberg
IDEAglobal products can now be accessed on Bloomberg in two ways:
1. NH IDE. This will pull up all of IDEAglobal’s research in a newswire format, from which you can scroll down and click onto the analysis or strategy piece of interest. Additionally, based on your subscription you will also have access to IDEAglobal research within relevant Bloomberg news feeds.
2. IDGL. This provides a menu for IDEAglobal’s products, arranged by their key sections: FastTrack, Fundamental Analysis, Technical Analysis, and Strategy. This then allows the user to drill down to specific articles on the markets covered by IDEAglobal. (See example here.)
IDEAglobal's main products are:
• FX and FX options - G10 and EM foreign exchange markets
• Global Rates - G10 money and government debt markets
• EM Asia - FX and debt markets in Emerging Asia
If you have any questions or would like a trial then please contact us at
IDEAglobal launches an improved and enhanced version of Global Rates portfolio on Reuters
IDEAglobal Tops 1st Quarter Currency Survey
IDEA and Policymakers
IDEAglobals focus is to provide independent, forward-looking actionable research on the global financial markets twenty-four hours a day.
The IDEAfirst Team
Meet the individuals who produce our market moving insights.
About IDEA Morning Briefings
The flagship of IDEAglobal: our indispensable daily faxes. From Asia to North America, we deliver the professional key analysis every business day.