... from the IDEApro Suite
[USD] Equities Finish Lower
[USD] US equities saw downward pressure on Friday with the S&P 500 decreasing -14.72 to 2992.07 (-0.49%). This came alongside upward pressure for crude prices with October crude increasing +$0.83 to $58.96/bbl.
9/20/2019 8:14:45 PM
[USD] US Bond Strategy for September 23
[USD] Treasuries saw upward pressure to finish off the week on Friday during a relatively quiet session light on economic data of great significance. Overall, the session was marked by more trade consternation with the Trump Administration insisting that China was in badly need of a trade deal though saw cancelled trips from Chinese officials to US agricultural sights (suggesting current negotiated terms remain in flux).
9/20/2019 6:45:52 PM
[GBP] The week ahead in the UK
[GBP] The UK market's gaze will focus on the awaited judgment by the Supreme Court on whether or not PM Johnson's prorogation of Parliament amounted to an abuse of his prerogative powers. Additional 'Brexit' -related rhetoric will be gleaned for further signals of a yielding by both sides in order to arrive at a new Withdrawal Deal in by Oct 17, which could benefit GBP. In terms of the upcoming economic indicators, the calendar is light, with just public sector finance data for Aug and the Sep CBI industrial trends and distributives trades awaited. The BRC Sep shop price index will be of passing interest and remarks from a small handful of MPC members will probably confirm the view that the BoE feels comfortable just sitting on its hands for the time being with regard to monetary policy.
9/20/2019 3:49:20 PM
[EUR] The week ahead in the Eurozone
[EUR] Next week the Eurozone market focuses on the flash readings of the sectoral Sep PMIs for the region as a whole as well as on the national equivalents for Germany and France. German Ifo, French INSEE, Italian and Dutch business surveys for Sep are also due, alongside flash Sep HICP inflation estimates for France and Belgium. The EU Commission survey on the Eurozone will also attract some attention, although its significance might have been dampened somewhat by the ECB's recent monetary policy easing decision. Several ECB governing council members also speak at various times during the week.
9/20/2019 3:42:31 PM
IDEAglobal clients have been asking if we could make some revisions to the FX service
on Thomson Reuters (IDEAFX). In response we have added a number of benefits for you:
- Streamlined product structure for ease of use.
- Reordered technical pages to allow users to more quickly review our technical calls on major FX pairs.
- Daily CNH analysis (IDEAFX70) in light of the surge in FX volume seen in the offshore market over recent quarters.
Download the IDEAFX product guide here.
IDEAglobal TV, Videos & Media
IDEAglobal products on Bloomberg
IDEAglobal products can now be accessed on Bloomberg in two ways:
1. NH IDE. This will pull up all of IDEAglobal’s research in a newswire format, from which you can scroll down and click onto the analysis or strategy piece of interest. Additionally, based on your subscription you will also have access to IDEAglobal research within relevant Bloomberg news feeds.
2. IDGL. This provides a menu for IDEAglobal’s products, arranged by their key sections: FastTrack, Fundamental Analysis, Technical Analysis, and Strategy. This then allows the user to drill down to specific articles on the markets covered by IDEAglobal. (See example here.)
IDEAglobal's main products are:
• FX and FX options - G10 and EM foreign exchange markets
• Global Rates - G10 money and government debt markets
• EM Asia - FX and debt markets in Emerging Asia
If you have any questions or would like a trial then please contact us at
IDEAglobal launches an improved and enhanced version of Global Rates portfolio on Reuters
IDEAglobal Tops 1st Quarter Currency Survey
IDEA and Policymakers
IDEAglobals focus is to provide independent, forward-looking actionable research on the global financial markets twenty-four hours a day.
The IDEAfirst Team
Meet the individuals who produce our market moving insights.
About IDEA Morning Briefings
The flagship of IDEAglobal: our indispensable daily faxes. From Asia to North America, we deliver the professional key analysis every business day.