... from the IDEApro Suite
[USD] U.S. Bond Strategy for January 22
[USD] Treasuries saw modest downward pressure across the curve on Friday during a relatively quiet session marked by a light flow of economic data amidst a backdrop of political drama driven by concerns of a government shutdown. With respect to data, markets were largely limited to University of Michigan consumer sentiment which pushed lower to 94.4 in January (down from 95.9 in December).
1/19/2018 8:09:44 PM
[MKT] FX market strategy update for 22 Jan
[MKT] FX market strategy update for 22 Jan
[MKT] The USD has been pressured by worries about a possible US government shutdown, so its near-term performance will depend on how that turns out. (Please see below for our updated FX strategy.)
1/19/2018 5:44:26 PM
[EUR] The week ahead in the Eurozone
[EUR] In the Eurozone the markets will first digest the result of the German SPD vote on whether to begin formal grand coalition talks with the CDU/CSU party, before moving on to focus their gaze on the remarks to be made by ECB Pres Draghi at the ECB press conference on Thurs. Monetary policy itself is expected to be left unchanged. In terms of the economic indicators the flash prints of the Eurozone sectoral PMIs for Jan, the German Jan Ifo and the French Jan INSEE industrial survey all come into focus and are expected to be bullish for the EUR.
1/19/2018 4:55:04 PM
[USD] The US Week Ahead: 22 - 26 January 2018
[USD] Markets in the US receive a greater flow of data in the week ahead. Beginning on Wednesday, markets receive Markit US manufacturing/services PMI and existing home sales releases (expect a decrease in the headline measure towards 5.50mln for December). On Thursday, markets receive wholesale inventories (expect an overall increase of +0.3% m/m for December), jobless claims (expect an increase in initial claims towards 235k for the week ending 23 December), new home sales (expect a decrease in the headline measure towards 690k for December) and leading indicators releases (expect an overall increase of +0.5% m/m for December). Finishing off the week on Friday, markets receive advance 4Q17 GDP (expect an overall increase of +3.1%) and durable goods orders data (expect an overall increase of +1.0% m/m, alongside an ex-transportation increase of +0.5% m/m for December).
1/19/2018 4:49:05 PM
IDEAglobal clients have been asking if we could make some revisions to the FX service
on Thomson Reuters (IDEAFX). In response we have added a number of benefits for you:
- Streamlined product structure for ease of use.
- Reordered technical pages to allow users to more quickly review our technical calls on major FX pairs.
- Daily CNH analysis (IDEAFX70) in light of the surge in FX volume seen in the offshore market over recent quarters.
Download the IDEAFX product guide here.
IDEAglobal TV, Videos & Media
IDEAglobal products on Bloomberg
IDEAglobal products can now be accessed on Bloomberg in two ways:
1. NH IDE. This will pull up all of IDEAglobal’s research in a newswire format, from which you can scroll down and click onto the analysis or strategy piece of interest. Additionally, based on your subscription you will also have access to IDEAglobal research within relevant Bloomberg news feeds.
2. IDGL. This provides a menu for IDEAglobal’s products, arranged by their key sections: FastTrack, Fundamental Analysis, Technical Analysis, and Strategy. This then allows the user to drill down to specific articles on the markets covered by IDEAglobal. (See example here.)
IDEAglobal's main products are:
• FX and FX options - G10 and EM foreign exchange markets
• Global Rates - G10 money and government debt markets
• EM Asia - FX and debt markets in Emerging Asia
If you have any questions or would like a trial then please contact us at
IDEAglobal launches an improved and enhanced version of Global Rates portfolio on Reuters
IDEAglobal Tops 1st Quarter Currency Survey
IDEA and Policymakers
IDEAglobals focus is to provide independent, forward-looking actionable research on the global financial markets twenty-four hours a day.
The IDEAfirst Team
Meet the individuals who produce our market moving insights.
About IDEA Morning Briefings
The flagship of IDEAglobal: our indispensable daily faxes. From Asia to North America, we deliver the professional key analysis every business day.