... from the IDEApro Suite
[USD] U.S. Bond Strategy for June 28
[USD] Treasuries pushed lower across the curve, alongside earlier downward pressure seen on Bunds driven by a more hawkish tone coming from ECB President Draghi. In terms of domestic data, markets saw continued support from both S&P CoreLogic Case-Shiller home prices (showing broad-based support via the composite-20 measure) and Conference Board consumer confidence data (reporting an unexpected increase in June).
6/27/2017 7:31:13 PM
[EUR] ECB's Draghi changes his tone
[EUR] ECB President Draghi made a remarkable shift in tone on Tuesday from dovishness to near-neutrality. Without signalling any specific or unexpected policy changes, he sent Bund yields flying and the EUR upward.
6/27/2017 4:28:45 PM
[FRX] FX market strategy for 28 June
[FRX] EUR/USD jumped on Tuesday's not-so-dovish remarks from ECB President Draghi. (Please see below for our updated FX strategy.)
6/27/2017 3:54:11 PM
[USD] US Preview: Pending Home Sales
[USD] The April NAR pending home sales report will be released Wednesday, 28 June at 10:00EDT (14:00GMT). We expect pending home sales will increase +0.7% m/m in May, following the -1.3% m/m decrease seen in April. Consumers have reacted rationally to the sharp changes in the value of real estate assets and are continuing to see a broader stabilization in home prices, though likely to see further volatility following upward pressure seen on mortgage rates.
6/27/2017 3:45:30 PM
IDEAglobal clients have been asking if we could make some revisions to the FX service
on Thomson Reuters (IDEAFX). In response we have added a number of benefits for you:
- Streamlined product structure for ease of use.
- Reordered technical pages to allow users to more quickly review our technical calls on major FX pairs.
- Daily CNH analysis (IDEAFX70) in light of the surge in FX volume seen in the offshore market over recent quarters.
Download the IDEAFX product guide here.
IDEAglobal TV, Videos & Media
IDEAglobal products on Bloomberg
IDEAglobal products can now be accessed on Bloomberg in two ways:
1. NH IDE. This will pull up all of IDEAglobal’s research in a newswire format, from which you can scroll down and click onto the analysis or strategy piece of interest. Additionally, based on your subscription you will also have access to IDEAglobal research within relevant Bloomberg news feeds.
2. IDGL. This provides a menu for IDEAglobal’s products, arranged by their key sections: FastTrack, Fundamental Analysis, Technical Analysis, and Strategy. This then allows the user to drill down to specific articles on the markets covered by IDEAglobal. (See example here.)
IDEAglobal's main products are:
• FX and FX options - G10 and EM foreign exchange markets
• Global Rates - G10 money and government debt markets
• EM Asia - FX and debt markets in Emerging Asia
If you have any questions or would like a trial then please contact us at
IDEAglobal launches an improved and enhanced version of Global Rates portfolio on Reuters
IDEAglobal Tops 1st Quarter Currency Survey
IDEA and Policymakers
IDEAglobals focus is to provide independent, forward-looking actionable research on the global financial markets twenty-four hours a day.
The IDEAfirst Team
Meet the individuals who produce our market moving insights.
About IDEA Morning Briefings
The flagship of IDEAglobal: our indispensable daily faxes. From Asia to North America, we deliver the professional key analysis every business day.