... from the IDEApro Suite
[USD] U.S. Bond Strategy for October 24
[USD] Treasuries saw little change to finish off the week during a relatively quiet Friday session that saw no data of great significance. Overall, the 2Yr yield edged lower on the session (continuing to hold above 0.80%), alongside similar action in the 10Yr yield, pushing just below the 1.75%-mark.
10/21/2016 6:59:15 PM
[EUR] The week ahead in the Eurozone
[EUR] The flash estimates of the Oct sectoral PMIs for the Eurozone will come under the spotlight and we expect these to reveal improved activity rates for the region as a whole. Germany's Ifo and France's INSEE surveys for Oct are also due and both are expected to show improved business conditions/sentiment. Ditto for the EU Comission's Eurozone sentiment survey for Oct, which we expect to depict an improvement in sentiment. The flash estimate of French Q3 GDP should reveal a recovery, after the weakness exhibited in Q2, whilst preliminary German and French annual inflation figures for Oct are set to depict a hardening from Sep as the lingering effects of rising oil prices feed through.
10/21/2016 4:00:32 PM
[GBP] The week ahead in the UK
[GBP] The key focus in the UK will be on the preliminary estimate of output-based GDP growth for Q3, which should reveal a moderate deceleration from Q2's 0.7% q/q rate. The Oct CBI industrial trends and the retailing aspect of the Oct distributive trades surveys are also due, and both should reveal a slightly improved tone compared with Sep. BoE MPC members' remarks during the week will be eyed for additional clues on what the likely policy stance will be at the Nov MPC meeting. The clocks go back 1hr on Sunday Oct 31.
10/21/2016 3:46:05 PM
[MKT] FX market strategy for 24 Oct
[MKT] (FX market strategy update) EUR/USD ended the week below 1.0900, suggesting our call of 1.0800 will be reached well before end-year.
10/21/2016 3:32:11 PM
IDEAglobal clients have been asking if we could make some revisions to the FX service
on Thomson Reuters (IDEAFX). In response we have added a number of benefits for you:
- Streamlined product structure for ease of use.
- Reordered technical pages to allow users to more quickly review our technical calls on major FX pairs.
- Daily CNH analysis (IDEAFX70) in light of the surge in FX volume seen in the offshore market over recent quarters.
Download the IDEAFX product guide here.
IDEAglobal TV, Videos & Media
IDEAglobal products on Bloomberg
IDEAglobal products can now be accessed on Bloomberg in two ways:
1. NH IDE. This will pull up all of IDEAglobal’s research in a newswire format, from which you can scroll down and click onto the analysis or strategy piece of interest. Additionally, based on your subscription you will also have access to IDEAglobal research within relevant Bloomberg news feeds.
2. IDGL. This provides a menu for IDEAglobal’s products, arranged by their key sections: FastTrack, Fundamental Analysis, Technical Analysis, and Strategy. This then allows the user to drill down to specific articles on the markets covered by IDEAglobal. (See example here.)
IDEAglobal's main products are:
• FX and FX options - G10 and EM foreign exchange markets
• Global Rates - G10 money and government debt markets
• EM Asia - FX and debt markets in Emerging Asia
If you have any questions or would like a trial then please contact us at
IDEAglobal launches an improved and enhanced version of Global Rates portfolio on Reuters
IDEAglobal Tops 1st Quarter Currency Survey
IDEA and Policymakers
IDEAglobals focus is to provide independent, forward-looking actionable research on the global financial markets twenty-four hours a day.
The IDEAfirst Team
Meet the individuals who produce our market moving insights.
About IDEA Morning Briefings
The flagship of IDEAglobal: our indispensable daily faxes. From Asia to North America, we deliver the professional key analysis every business day.