... from the IDEApro Suite
[GBP] PM May offers referendum on WAB
[GBP] UK PM May says she offering Parliament a vote on a second referendum. The govt will include in the Withdrawal Agreement Bill (WAB) at introduction, a requirement to vote on whether to hold a second referendum. This will take place before the withdrawal agreement can be ratified. And should Parliament vote for a referendum, it would require the govt to make provisions for such a plebiscite which would include legislation, if it wants to ratify the WAB. This should be viewed as a positive for GBP.
5/21/2019 4:27:32 PM
[USD] US Preview: FOMC Minutes
[USD] The minutes from the 30 April - 1 May FOMC meeting will be published on Wednesday at 14:00EDT (18:00GMT). Markets will likely pay close attention to this release in an attempt to estimate the Fed's likely next step, particularly anything that might trigger a change in current policy. Additionally, markets will look towards any significant benchmark measures of note (employment or otherwise) that could possibly provide a guide for policy moving forward (with obvious concerns focused the status of the economic outlook beyond 2019). Though the Fed Funds rate has been relatively accommodative for quite some time (only recently entering the lower end of the neutral range), the timing over the Fed's next move (also any clarification on what amount of time 'patience' would suggest) is something that could receive additional clarity via these minutes.
5/21/2019 3:46:38 PM
[USD] Existing Home Sales Down -0.4% M/M
[USD] The April NAR US existing home sales report revealed an overall -0.4% m/m headline result (SAAR of 5.19mln), versus the unrevised 5.21mln result seen in March. This comes in below expectations for a 5.35mln result. Meanwhile, inventories increased to 4.2 months supply (up from 3.8 months in March), while the median price increased to around $267.3k (+3.6% y/y), marking the 86th consecutive month of y/y price gains. Overall, 3.0 percent of April activity was from distressed sales, from 4.0 percent in March.
5/21/2019 2:22:57 PM
[SGD] Q1 GDP growth slowest in almost a decade
[SGD] The currency is likely to remain under weakening pressure as the final Q119 GDP release earlier today confirmed that growth prospects have worsened, growth slowing to 1.2% y/y in Q119 (the consensus was for 1.4% y/y) from 1.9% y/y in Q418. But in q/q terms, GDP grew at a faster than expected pace of 3.8% q/q s-adj in Q119 (the consensus was for 2.3% q/q s-adj) after -0.8% q/q s-adj in Q418. The sectoral breakdown showed goods producing industries printing 0.0% y/y in Q119 after 3.5% y/y in Q418.
5/21/2019 12:16:32 PM
IDEAglobal clients have been asking if we could make some revisions to the FX service
on Thomson Reuters (IDEAFX). In response we have added a number of benefits for you:
- Streamlined product structure for ease of use.
- Reordered technical pages to allow users to more quickly review our technical calls on major FX pairs.
- Daily CNH analysis (IDEAFX70) in light of the surge in FX volume seen in the offshore market over recent quarters.
Download the IDEAFX product guide here.
IDEAglobal TV, Videos & Media
IDEAglobal products on Bloomberg
IDEAglobal products can now be accessed on Bloomberg in two ways:
1. NH IDE. This will pull up all of IDEAglobal’s research in a newswire format, from which you can scroll down and click onto the analysis or strategy piece of interest. Additionally, based on your subscription you will also have access to IDEAglobal research within relevant Bloomberg news feeds.
2. IDGL. This provides a menu for IDEAglobal’s products, arranged by their key sections: FastTrack, Fundamental Analysis, Technical Analysis, and Strategy. This then allows the user to drill down to specific articles on the markets covered by IDEAglobal. (See example here.)
IDEAglobal's main products are:
• FX and FX options - G10 and EM foreign exchange markets
• Global Rates - G10 money and government debt markets
• EM Asia - FX and debt markets in Emerging Asia
If you have any questions or would like a trial then please contact us at
IDEAglobal launches an improved and enhanced version of Global Rates portfolio on Reuters
IDEAglobal Tops 1st Quarter Currency Survey
IDEA and Policymakers
IDEAglobals focus is to provide independent, forward-looking actionable research on the global financial markets twenty-four hours a day.
The IDEAfirst Team
Meet the individuals who produce our market moving insights.
About IDEA Morning Briefings
The flagship of IDEAglobal: our indispensable daily faxes. From Asia to North America, we deliver the professional key analysis every business day.