... from the IDEApro Suite
[USD] U.S. Bond Strategy for July 24
[USD] Treasuries saw further gains to finish off the week on Friday during a relatively quiet session light on data of great significance. On balance, markets continued to be broadsided by political developments with the latest episode entailing the departure of White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer. Although this in itself is not a catastrophic event, it points to increased tension within the inner circles of the White House.
7/21/2017 7:23:06 PM
[USD] US Preview: Existing Home Sales
[USD] The June existing home sales report in on Monday, 24 July at 10:00EDT (14:00GMT). The NAR reported that existing home sales increased +1.1% to 5.62mln in May. Alongside expectations for a modest pullback, we anticipate a decrease to around 5.50mln for existing home sales, likely to see further volatility in the months ahead.
7/21/2017 5:26:00 PM
The US Week Ahead: 24 - 28 July 2017
[USD] Markets in the US receive a greater flow of data in the week ahead. Beginning on Monday, markets receive Markit US services/manufacturing PMI and existing home sales data (expect a decrease in the headline measure towards 5.50mln for June). On Tuesday, markets receive S&P CoreLogic Case-Shiller home prices (expect an increase in the composite-20 measure of +5.75% y/y for May) and Conference Board consumer confidence releases (expect a headline decrease towards 115.0 for July).
7/21/2017 5:21:25 PM
[EUR] The week ahead in the Eurozone
[EUR] In the Eurozone the spotlight falls on the EU Commission's Jul survey, the sectoral PMIs for the same month as well as national surveys from the German Ifo and French INSEE. On balance they should reveal a slightly less ebullient tone compared with Jun. The preliminary estimate of French GDP is also awaited and players will view this as a barometer of what the aggregate Eurozone estimate is likely to be. France and Germany also release flash HICP estimates for Jul, which should show the annual rates remaining well below the ECB's 2% price stability threshold.
7/21/2017 4:50:09 PM
IDEAglobal clients have been asking if we could make some revisions to the FX service
on Thomson Reuters (IDEAFX). In response we have added a number of benefits for you:
- Streamlined product structure for ease of use.
- Reordered technical pages to allow users to more quickly review our technical calls on major FX pairs.
- Daily CNH analysis (IDEAFX70) in light of the surge in FX volume seen in the offshore market over recent quarters.
Download the IDEAFX product guide here.
IDEAglobal TV, Videos & Media
IDEAglobal products on Bloomberg
IDEAglobal products can now be accessed on Bloomberg in two ways:
1. NH IDE. This will pull up all of IDEAglobal’s research in a newswire format, from which you can scroll down and click onto the analysis or strategy piece of interest. Additionally, based on your subscription you will also have access to IDEAglobal research within relevant Bloomberg news feeds.
2. IDGL. This provides a menu for IDEAglobal’s products, arranged by their key sections: FastTrack, Fundamental Analysis, Technical Analysis, and Strategy. This then allows the user to drill down to specific articles on the markets covered by IDEAglobal. (See example here.)
IDEAglobal's main products are:
• FX and FX options - G10 and EM foreign exchange markets
• Global Rates - G10 money and government debt markets
• EM Asia - FX and debt markets in Emerging Asia
If you have any questions or would like a trial then please contact us at
IDEAglobal launches an improved and enhanced version of Global Rates portfolio on Reuters
IDEAglobal Tops 1st Quarter Currency Survey
IDEA and Policymakers
IDEAglobals focus is to provide independent, forward-looking actionable research on the global financial markets twenty-four hours a day.
The IDEAfirst Team
Meet the individuals who produce our market moving insights.
About IDEA Morning Briefings
The flagship of IDEAglobal: our indispensable daily faxes. From Asia to North America, we deliver the professional key analysis every business day.