... from the IDEApro Suite
[USD] U.S. Bond Strategy for February 22
[USD] Treasuries found downward pressure across the curve following the release of minute from the 30-31 January FOMC meeting. Although these minutes stopped short of explicitly calling for more rate hikes, underlying support for continuing along the Fed's current path was enough to weigh on Treasuries (with a majority of participants noting that a stronger outlook for economic growth raised the likelihood that further gradual policy firming would be appropriate).
2/21/2018 8:52:16 PM
[USD] Recap: FOMC Minutes Highlights
[USD] For full FOMC minutes summary, see below.
2/21/2018 7:22:34 PM
[USD] US Preview: Leading Indicators
[USD] The January Conference Board leading economic indicators report will be released Thursday, 22 February at 10:00EST (15:00GMT). We expect a +0.5% increase to be registered in the composite measure for January, following the +0.6% m/m reading seen in December.
2/21/2018 6:01:06 PM
[GBP] MPC members don their hawkish mantle
[GBP] Remarks coming from the UK BoE MPC members' testimonies to the Parliamentary TSC on the Feb Inflation report are skewed to the hawkish side and should be viewed as positive for Cable. BoE Gov Carney says the trade-off between growth and inflation has dwindled, adding that the time frame in which to bring inflation back to target has moved in from 3 years, although it hasn't moved in to 2 years, in the MPC's collective view. Dep Gov Broadbent says further increases in the Bank Rate to above 0.50% are likely to be required, albeit gradually and to a limited extent. He also points out that wage growth is picking up, and adds that the squeeze on households' real take home pay is past its worst. Chief Economist Haldane says since Nov the UK economy is somewhat stronger and infers that the economy only need grow at around last year's growth rate for further rate increases to be justified. Fellow MPC member Tenreyro says the tightening of interest rates is likely to be stronger than was anticipated in Nov. - Reuters. - IDEA: We remain with the view that the next change in interest rates will likely occur in May. Cable should try to revisit 1.4000 soon.
2/21/2018 4:40:19 PM
IDEAglobal clients have been asking if we could make some revisions to the FX service
on Thomson Reuters (IDEAFX). In response we have added a number of benefits for you:
- Streamlined product structure for ease of use.
- Reordered technical pages to allow users to more quickly review our technical calls on major FX pairs.
- Daily CNH analysis (IDEAFX70) in light of the surge in FX volume seen in the offshore market over recent quarters.
Download the IDEAFX product guide here.
IDEAglobal TV, Videos & Media
IDEAglobal products on Bloomberg
IDEAglobal products can now be accessed on Bloomberg in two ways:
1. NH IDE. This will pull up all of IDEAglobal’s research in a newswire format, from which you can scroll down and click onto the analysis or strategy piece of interest. Additionally, based on your subscription you will also have access to IDEAglobal research within relevant Bloomberg news feeds.
2. IDGL. This provides a menu for IDEAglobal’s products, arranged by their key sections: FastTrack, Fundamental Analysis, Technical Analysis, and Strategy. This then allows the user to drill down to specific articles on the markets covered by IDEAglobal. (See example here.)
IDEAglobal's main products are:
• FX and FX options - G10 and EM foreign exchange markets
• Global Rates - G10 money and government debt markets
• EM Asia - FX and debt markets in Emerging Asia
If you have any questions or would like a trial then please contact us at
IDEAglobal launches an improved and enhanced version of Global Rates portfolio on Reuters
IDEAglobal Tops 1st Quarter Currency Survey
IDEA and Policymakers
IDEAglobals focus is to provide independent, forward-looking actionable research on the global financial markets twenty-four hours a day.
The IDEAfirst Team
Meet the individuals who produce our market moving insights.
About IDEA Morning Briefings
The flagship of IDEAglobal: our indispensable daily faxes. From Asia to North America, we deliver the professional key analysis every business day.