... from the IDEApro Suite
[USD] US Bond Strategy for July 18
[USD] Treasuries saw upward pressure throughout the session on Wednesday, marked by the 10Yr Note yield pushing back towards the 2.05%-mark in the mid-afternoon. On balance, the day's data stood in support of the view that a 25bps rate hike could likely be seen at the July FOMC meeting (in reality, it did little to push the needle in either direction with continued focus being placed on trade discussions between the US and China).
7/17/2019 7:37:57 PM
[USD] US Preview: Leading Indicators
[USD] The June Conference Board leading economic indicators report will be released Thursday at 10:00EDT (14:00GMT). We expect a +0.1% m/m reading to be registered in the composite measure for June, following the unchanged m/m reading seen in May.
7/17/2019 5:47:03 PM
[FRX] FX market strategy for 18 July
[FRX] Most forex pairs remained range-bound on Wednesday. We still see the greatest downside potential in GBP/USD. (Please see below for our updated FX strategy.)
7/17/2019 3:58:18 PM
[USD] US Preview: Philadelphia Fed
[USD] The July Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia manufacturing activity index will be released Thursday at 08:30EDT (12:30GMT). Following the decrease seen in June, we anticipate a modest rebound will be seen in the Philadelphia Fed measure. Accordingly, following the volatility seen in recent months, we expect the headline measure will see an increase to around +4.0 in July (from +0.3), maintaining support in the coming months as manufacturing prospects gradually improve.
7/17/2019 3:41:49 PM
IDEAglobal clients have been asking if we could make some revisions to the FX service
on Thomson Reuters (IDEAFX). In response we have added a number of benefits for you:
- Streamlined product structure for ease of use.
- Reordered technical pages to allow users to more quickly review our technical calls on major FX pairs.
- Daily CNH analysis (IDEAFX70) in light of the surge in FX volume seen in the offshore market over recent quarters.
Download the IDEAFX product guide here.
IDEAglobal TV, Videos & Media
IDEAglobal products on Bloomberg
IDEAglobal products can now be accessed on Bloomberg in two ways:
1. NH IDE. This will pull up all of IDEAglobal’s research in a newswire format, from which you can scroll down and click onto the analysis or strategy piece of interest. Additionally, based on your subscription you will also have access to IDEAglobal research within relevant Bloomberg news feeds.
2. IDGL. This provides a menu for IDEAglobal’s products, arranged by their key sections: FastTrack, Fundamental Analysis, Technical Analysis, and Strategy. This then allows the user to drill down to specific articles on the markets covered by IDEAglobal. (See example here.)
IDEAglobal's main products are:
• FX and FX options - G10 and EM foreign exchange markets
• Global Rates - G10 money and government debt markets
• EM Asia - FX and debt markets in Emerging Asia
If you have any questions or would like a trial then please contact us at
IDEAglobal launches an improved and enhanced version of Global Rates portfolio on Reuters
IDEAglobal Tops 1st Quarter Currency Survey
IDEA and Policymakers
IDEAglobals focus is to provide independent, forward-looking actionable research on the global financial markets twenty-four hours a day.
The IDEAfirst Team
Meet the individuals who produce our market moving insights.
About IDEA Morning Briefings
The flagship of IDEAglobal: our indispensable daily faxes. From Asia to North America, we deliver the professional key analysis every business day.