... from the IDEApro Suite
[USD] U.S. Bond Strategy for November 27
[USD] Treasuries found modest downward pressure across the curve during a relatively quiet Black Friday session light on data of great significance. With respect to data, markets were largely greeted by weaker preliminary Markit US manufacturing (53.8, down from 54.6) and services (54.7, down from 55.3) PMI measures for November. Markets now look ahead to a greater flow of data in the week ahead, highlighted by new home sales, Conference Board consumer confidence, preliminary 3Q17 GDP revisions, Fed Beige Book, personal income/spending, Chicago PMI, ISM manufacturing, construction spending and vehicle sales releases.
11/24/2017 8:37:14 PM
[MKT] FX market strategy for 27 Nov
[MKT] Following generalised USD weakness on Weds-Thurs, the euro staged a pronounced, across-the-board rally to end the week. (Please see below for our updated FX strategy.)
11/24/2017 5:16:21 PM
[USD] US Preview: New Home Sales
[USD] The October Commerce Department new home sales report on Monday, 27 November at 10:00EST (15:00GMT). New home sales are expected to remain constrained in 2017, continuing to face supply dislocation (related to foreclosure activity) and generally subdued conditions. Alongside the broader decline seen in the series, further downward pressure (on a monthly basis) will likely be seen in the months to come. Accordingly, anticipating some furthering of the weakness seen in October, we expect new home sales will decrease to around 625k.
11/24/2017 4:59:23 PM
[EUR] The week ahead in the Eurozone
[EUR] In the Eurozone the main focus is on the EU Commission survey for Nov, which we predict will show a continued increase in overall economic and underlying industrial and services sentiment. Flash estimates of the Nov annual HICP inflation rate will also be published and we expect to see an oil price-related hardening of the annual rate at the aggregate Eurozone level as well as in Germany, France and Spain. The Eurozone unemployment rate for Oct is also awaited, which should be unaltered from its Sep reading and we expect the final estimate of the Nov manufacturing sector PMI to be broadly unchanged from its higher flash print.
11/24/2017 4:56:21 PM
IDEAglobal clients have been asking if we could make some revisions to the FX service
on Thomson Reuters (IDEAFX). In response we have added a number of benefits for you:
- Streamlined product structure for ease of use.
- Reordered technical pages to allow users to more quickly review our technical calls on major FX pairs.
- Daily CNH analysis (IDEAFX70) in light of the surge in FX volume seen in the offshore market over recent quarters.
Download the IDEAFX product guide here.
IDEAglobal TV, Videos & Media
IDEAglobal products on Bloomberg
IDEAglobal products can now be accessed on Bloomberg in two ways:
1. NH IDE. This will pull up all of IDEAglobal’s research in a newswire format, from which you can scroll down and click onto the analysis or strategy piece of interest. Additionally, based on your subscription you will also have access to IDEAglobal research within relevant Bloomberg news feeds.
2. IDGL. This provides a menu for IDEAglobal’s products, arranged by their key sections: FastTrack, Fundamental Analysis, Technical Analysis, and Strategy. This then allows the user to drill down to specific articles on the markets covered by IDEAglobal. (See example here.)
IDEAglobal's main products are:
• FX and FX options - G10 and EM foreign exchange markets
• Global Rates - G10 money and government debt markets
• EM Asia - FX and debt markets in Emerging Asia
If you have any questions or would like a trial then please contact us at
IDEAglobal launches an improved and enhanced version of Global Rates portfolio on Reuters
IDEAglobal Tops 1st Quarter Currency Survey
IDEA and Policymakers
IDEAglobals focus is to provide independent, forward-looking actionable research on the global financial markets twenty-four hours a day.
The IDEAfirst Team
Meet the individuals who produce our market moving insights.
About IDEA Morning Briefings
The flagship of IDEAglobal: our indispensable daily faxes. From Asia to North America, we deliver the professional key analysis every business day.