... from the IDEApro Suite
[MKT] FX market strategy for 24 Feb
[MKT] The USD lost more steam on Thursday, but we would see it as more range-trading before its next move higher.
2/23/2017 5:51:41 PM
[USD] US Preview: Univ. of Mich. Consumer Sentiment
[USD] The University of Michigan final estimate of consumer sentiment for February will be released Friday, 24 February at 10:00EST (15:00GMT). The preliminary February estimate of consumer sentiment decreased to 95.7, versus the final 98.5 reading seen in January. The near-term prospects for consumer sentiment remain a virtual wild card though improved conditions seen in recent weeks should provide some support for confidence. Accordingly, anticipating maintained support in the final release, we expect the headline measure will hold steady around 96.0.
2/23/2017 4:56:37 PM
[USD] US Preview: New Home Sales
[USD] The December Commerce Department new home sales report on Friday, 24 February at 10:00EST (15:00GMT). New home sales were weak for much of 2015 and are expected to remain constrained in 2016, continuing to face supply dislocation (related to foreclosure activity) and generally subdued conditions. Alongside the broader decline seen in the series, further downward pressure (on a monthly basis) will likely be seen in the months to come. However, anticipating some upward pressure in January, we expect new home sales will increase modestly to around 550k.
2/23/2017 4:55:20 PM
[USD] US Preview: Jobless Claims
[USD] The weekly jobless claims report will be published on Thursday, 23 February at 08:30EST (13:30GMT). We expect initial claims for the week ending 18 February will increase to 245k (up from 239k). On balance, despite gradual further improvement in employment conditions we anticipate continuing jobless claims should remain elevated for some time but should continue along a downward path in the months to come.
2/23/2017 1:10:39 PM
IDEAglobal clients have been asking if we could make some revisions to the FX service
on Thomson Reuters (IDEAFX). In response we have added a number of benefits for you:
- Streamlined product structure for ease of use.
- Reordered technical pages to allow users to more quickly review our technical calls on major FX pairs.
- Daily CNH analysis (IDEAFX70) in light of the surge in FX volume seen in the offshore market over recent quarters.
Download the IDEAFX product guide here.
IDEAglobal TV, Videos & Media
IDEAglobal products on Bloomberg
IDEAglobal products can now be accessed on Bloomberg in two ways:
1. NH IDE. This will pull up all of IDEAglobal’s research in a newswire format, from which you can scroll down and click onto the analysis or strategy piece of interest. Additionally, based on your subscription you will also have access to IDEAglobal research within relevant Bloomberg news feeds.
2. IDGL. This provides a menu for IDEAglobal’s products, arranged by their key sections: FastTrack, Fundamental Analysis, Technical Analysis, and Strategy. This then allows the user to drill down to specific articles on the markets covered by IDEAglobal. (See example here.)
IDEAglobal's main products are:
• FX and FX options - G10 and EM foreign exchange markets
• Global Rates - G10 money and government debt markets
• EM Asia - FX and debt markets in Emerging Asia
If you have any questions or would like a trial then please contact us at
IDEAglobal launches an improved and enhanced version of Global Rates portfolio on Reuters
IDEAglobal Tops 1st Quarter Currency Survey
IDEA and Policymakers
IDEAglobals focus is to provide independent, forward-looking actionable research on the global financial markets twenty-four hours a day.
The IDEAfirst Team
Meet the individuals who produce our market moving insights.
About IDEA Morning Briefings
The flagship of IDEAglobal: our indispensable daily faxes. From Asia to North America, we deliver the professional key analysis every business day.