... from the IDEApro Suite
[USD] Recap: Housing Starts Lower to 1155K
[USD] For full housing starts/building permits summary, see below.
8/16/2017 12:39:14 PM
[USD] US Preview: FOMC Minutes
[USD] The minutes from the 25 - 26 July FOMC meeting will be published Wednesday, 16 August at 14:00EDT (18:00GMT). Markets will likely pay close attention to this release in an attempt to estimate the Fed's likely next step, particularly anything that might trigger a more aggressive rate cycle or alter the expected pace of balance sheet reduction (broadly expected to start at the September meeting). Additionally, markets will look towards any significant benchmark measures of note (employment or otherwise) that could possibly provide a guide for policy moving forward (with obvious concerns focused on inflation and the idiosyncratic factors dampening y/y readings). Though the Fed Funds rate is expected to remain exceptionally low for some time, the debate over the timing of the Fed's next move is something that could receive additional clarity via these minutes.
8/16/2017 12:03:04 PM
[USD] US Preview: Housing Starts/Building Permits
[USD] The July Commerce Department housing starts and building permits report will be released Wednesday, 16 August at 08:30EDT (12:30GMT). We expect an overall increase in the housing starts measure to 1230k in July, versus the 1215k result that occurred in June. Meanwhile, we anticipate building permits will decrease modestly to around 1250k in July, versus the 1275k result seen in June. On balance, weakness in single-family housing starts, coupled with more volatile results seen in multi-family starts, should keep the overall measure at historically weak levels, despite budding improvement.
8/16/2017 12:02:09 PM
[FRX] FX market strategy - 16 Aug
[FRX] The USD remains buoyant, which today's FOMC minutes shouldn't stand in the way of. (Please see our updated FX strategy below for details.)
8/16/2017 10:45:13 AM
IDEAglobal clients have been asking if we could make some revisions to the FX service
on Thomson Reuters (IDEAFX). In response we have added a number of benefits for you:
- Streamlined product structure for ease of use.
- Reordered technical pages to allow users to more quickly review our technical calls on major FX pairs.
- Daily CNH analysis (IDEAFX70) in light of the surge in FX volume seen in the offshore market over recent quarters.
Download the IDEAFX product guide here.
IDEAglobal TV, Videos & Media
IDEAglobal products on Bloomberg
IDEAglobal products can now be accessed on Bloomberg in two ways:
1. NH IDE. This will pull up all of IDEAglobal’s research in a newswire format, from which you can scroll down and click onto the analysis or strategy piece of interest. Additionally, based on your subscription you will also have access to IDEAglobal research within relevant Bloomberg news feeds.
2. IDGL. This provides a menu for IDEAglobal’s products, arranged by their key sections: FastTrack, Fundamental Analysis, Technical Analysis, and Strategy. This then allows the user to drill down to specific articles on the markets covered by IDEAglobal. (See example here.)
IDEAglobal's main products are:
• FX and FX options - G10 and EM foreign exchange markets
• Global Rates - G10 money and government debt markets
• EM Asia - FX and debt markets in Emerging Asia
If you have any questions or would like a trial then please contact us at
IDEAglobal launches an improved and enhanced version of Global Rates portfolio on Reuters
IDEAglobal Tops 1st Quarter Currency Survey
IDEA and Policymakers
IDEAglobals focus is to provide independent, forward-looking actionable research on the global financial markets twenty-four hours a day.
The IDEAfirst Team
Meet the individuals who produce our market moving insights.
About IDEA Morning Briefings
The flagship of IDEAglobal: our indispensable daily faxes. From Asia to North America, we deliver the professional key analysis every business day.