... from the IDEApro Suite
[USD] DJIA/S&P 500 Index Technical Updates
[USD] DJIA/S&P 500 Index Technical Updates.
3/10/2015 8:07:36 PM
[MKT] European & N.American News & Rumors: 10/3/15
[MKT] European & N.American News & Rumors: 10/3/15 - please see below
3/10/2015 6:06:40 PM
[GBP] Political uncertainty conspires to snap Cable
[GBP] UK foreign minister Hammond says Russia has the potential to pose the
single most significant threat to the UK's security. This statement, coming atop signs of increased political uncertainty among investors ahead of the May 7 general election will probably only add to Cable woes, at the margin, in the s/t. Indeed, the cost of hedging against exposure to GBP has risen sharply since late-Feb, reflecting players' increased uncertainty about the outcome of the election. 2-month and 3-month Cable implied volatilities are up at 10.55% (highest since Jan- 2012), and 10.4%, respectively. EURGBP 2-month implied volatility is up at 10.9%, its highest since mid-2010. - Reuters - This leaves the impression that Cable is vulnerable to further downside in the weeks ahead.
3/10/2015 3:56:11 PM
[USD] US Preview: Budget Statement
[USD] The February US Treasury budget statement will be released on Wednesday, 11 March at 14:00EDT (18:00GMT). We expect that the budget statement will show a larger net deficit around -$200.0bln, despite broader improvement for tax receipts seen over the past several quarters. On balance, receipts should show further improvement in February, supported by recent gains. However, alongside greater outlays, this should yield a monthly budget deficit of about -$200.0bln.
3/10/2015 3:09:54 PM
Visit the I.D.E.A. TimeMachine for more IDEA Analysis
IDEAglobal clients have been asking if we could make some revisions to the FX service
on Thomson Reuters (IDEAFX). In response we have added a number of benefits for you:
- Streamlined product structure for ease of use.
- Reordered technical pages to allow users to more quickly review our technical calls on major FX pairs.
- Daily CNH analysis (IDEAFX70) in light of the surge in FX volume seen in the offshore market over recent quarters.
Download the IDEAFX product guide here.
The new FX and FI outlook for Q2 2015 is now available. Key themes including
a further rerating of GBP in the coming months, as interest rate spreads cause
a further upleg. USD should be choppy on the majors, though into 2015 we still
forecast a major rerating. |
Please email email@example.com for a copy.
IDEAglobal TV, Videos & Media
IDEAglobal products on Bloomberg
IDEAglobal products can now be accessed on Bloomberg in two ways:
1. NH IDE. This will pull up all of IDEAglobal’s research in a newswire format, from which you can scroll down and click onto the analysis or strategy piece of interest. Additionally, based on your subscription you will also have access to IDEAglobal research within relevant Bloomberg news feeds.
2. IDGL. This provides a menu for IDEAglobal’s products, arranged by their key sections: FastTrack, Fundamental Analysis, Technical Analysis, and Strategy. This then allows the user to drill down to specific articles on the markets covered by IDEAglobal. (See example here.)
IDEAglobal's main products are:
• FX and FX options - G10 and EM foreign exchange markets
• Global Rates - G10 money and government debt markets
• EM Asia - FX and debt markets in Emerging Asia
If you have any questions or would like a trial then please contact us at
IDEAglobal launches an improved and enhanced version of Global Rates portfolio on Reuters
IDEAglobal Tops 1st Quarter Currency Survey
IDEA and Policymakers
IDEAglobals focus is to provide independent, forward-looking actionable research on the global financial markets twenty-four hours a day.
The IDEAfirst Team
Meet the individuals who produce our market moving insights.
About IDEA Morning Briefings
The flagship of IDEAglobal: our indispensable daily faxes. From Asia to North America, we deliver the professional key analysis every business day.