... from the IDEApro Suite
[USD] US Bond Strategy for March 26
[USD] Treasuries resumed their march higher to open the week during a relatively quiet Monday session light on economic data of great significance, highlighted largely by dampened Chicago Fed National Activity Index and Dallas Fed manufacturing releases.
3/25/2019 7:55:24 PM
[MKT] FX market strategy for 26 March
[MKT] The week began without major FX moves, but the main focus should be on GBP.
(Please see below for our updated FX strategy.)
3/25/2019 5:15:17 PM
[GBP] PM May pours doubt on MV3 on Tuesday
[GBP] UK PM May, speaking in Parliament, says: parliament should be clear that changing the withdrawal deal is not an option. Informs that the govt has laid secondary legislation to alter the 'Brexit' date in law from Mar 29. She adds that as things stand there is insufficient support in the House of Commons to hold MV3 and so she'll continue to have talks with MPs to build support to enable her to bring MV3 this week. She states that were the govt to bring forward MV3 it would have to meet with the requirements set out by the Speaker. She warns that allowing Parliament to take control of business would be an unwelcome precedent and adds she is sceptical about the process of indicative votes because in the past they have produced contradictory results. She states she cannot commit the govt to delivering the outcome of any indicative votes, and reminds that the default outcome continues to be to leave the EU without a deal. The alternative, she says would be to pursue a different mode of 'Brexit' or a second referendum, and urges the House of Commons once again to back her deal, which is a compromise. - Reuters. - IDEA: With there still not enough MPs in number to ensure PM May's Withdrawal Deal flies in Parliament, the danger now is that MV3 does not happen on Tues as earlier reported by ITV News.
3/25/2019 4:53:21 PM
[USD] US Preview: Consumer Confidence
[USD] The March Conference Board consumer confidence report will be released on Tuesday at 10:00EDT (14:00GMT). We expect the headline measure will increase to around 133.0 in March, versus the 131.4 reading that occurred in February. Alongside broader expectations for maintained gains moving forward, we expect an increase will be seen in March, bringing the headline measure to around 133.0.
3/25/2019 4:31:35 PM
IDEAglobal clients have been asking if we could make some revisions to the FX service
on Thomson Reuters (IDEAFX). In response we have added a number of benefits for you:
- Streamlined product structure for ease of use.
- Reordered technical pages to allow users to more quickly review our technical calls on major FX pairs.
- Daily CNH analysis (IDEAFX70) in light of the surge in FX volume seen in the offshore market over recent quarters.
Download the IDEAFX product guide here.
IDEAglobal TV, Videos & Media
IDEAglobal products on Bloomberg
IDEAglobal products can now be accessed on Bloomberg in two ways:
1. NH IDE. This will pull up all of IDEAglobal’s research in a newswire format, from which you can scroll down and click onto the analysis or strategy piece of interest. Additionally, based on your subscription you will also have access to IDEAglobal research within relevant Bloomberg news feeds.
2. IDGL. This provides a menu for IDEAglobal’s products, arranged by their key sections: FastTrack, Fundamental Analysis, Technical Analysis, and Strategy. This then allows the user to drill down to specific articles on the markets covered by IDEAglobal. (See example here.)
IDEAglobal's main products are:
• FX and FX options - G10 and EM foreign exchange markets
• Global Rates - G10 money and government debt markets
• EM Asia - FX and debt markets in Emerging Asia
If you have any questions or would like a trial then please contact us at
IDEAglobal launches an improved and enhanced version of Global Rates portfolio on Reuters
IDEAglobal Tops 1st Quarter Currency Survey
IDEA and Policymakers
IDEAglobals focus is to provide independent, forward-looking actionable research on the global financial markets twenty-four hours a day.
The IDEAfirst Team
Meet the individuals who produce our market moving insights.
About IDEA Morning Briefings
The flagship of IDEAglobal: our indispensable daily faxes. From Asia to North America, we deliver the professional key analysis every business day.