... from the IDEApro Suite
[USD] U.S. Bond Strategy for June 20
[USD] Treasuries found sustained support on Tuesday as markets continued to absorb the escalating trade conflict between the US and China, this time with US President Trump threatening to impose another $200bln in tariffs on Chinese imports. How and when this all ends is anyone's guess. However, as both sides appear to be digging in (not to mention retaliatory plans from other nations impacted by steel and aluminum tariffs) it is not entirely clear how consumers and small businesses are going to make it out unscathed. This sentiment of concern was echoed on Monday by Atlanta Fed President Bostic who indicated business optimism in his region is fading amidst concern related to tariffs.
6/19/2018 7:13:51 PM
[USD] US Preview: Existing Home Sales
[USD] The April existing home sales report is on Wednesday at 10:00EDT (14:00GMT). The NAR reported that existing home sales decreased -2.5% to 5.46mln in April. Alongside expectations for modest rebound, we anticipate an increase to around 5.50mln for existing home sales, likely to see further volatility in the months ahead.
6/19/2018 4:30:52 PM
[FRX] FX market strategy for 20 June
[FRX] Amidst a developing trade war between the US and China, the USD index climbed to new 11-month highs on Tuesday, while the JPY outperformed across the board. (Please see below for our full, updated FX strategy.)
6/19/2018 4:22:09 PM
[USD] US Preview: Current Account
[USD] The 1Q18 Commerce Department international transactions (current account) report will be released on Wednesday at 08:30EDT (12:30GMT). We expect some net widening in the current account deficit to -$130.0bln, versus the -$128.2bln result that occurred in 4Q17. Alongside firms less focused on shoring up balance sheets as credit conditions gradually improve, we expect that US overseas purchases attributed to private direct investment (and the purchase of private securities) will be outpaced by foreign private direct investment in the US by investors flush with dollars. This will likely be accompanied by overall deterioration in the balance on goods and services. On balance, we expect a wider 4Q17 current account deficit of -$130.0bln.
6/19/2018 3:16:11 PM
IDEAglobal clients have been asking if we could make some revisions to the FX service
on Thomson Reuters (IDEAFX). In response we have added a number of benefits for you:
- Streamlined product structure for ease of use.
- Reordered technical pages to allow users to more quickly review our technical calls on major FX pairs.
- Daily CNH analysis (IDEAFX70) in light of the surge in FX volume seen in the offshore market over recent quarters.
Download the IDEAFX product guide here.
IDEAglobal TV, Videos & Media
IDEAglobal products on Bloomberg
IDEAglobal products can now be accessed on Bloomberg in two ways:
1. NH IDE. This will pull up all of IDEAglobal’s research in a newswire format, from which you can scroll down and click onto the analysis or strategy piece of interest. Additionally, based on your subscription you will also have access to IDEAglobal research within relevant Bloomberg news feeds.
2. IDGL. This provides a menu for IDEAglobal’s products, arranged by their key sections: FastTrack, Fundamental Analysis, Technical Analysis, and Strategy. This then allows the user to drill down to specific articles on the markets covered by IDEAglobal. (See example here.)
IDEAglobal's main products are:
• FX and FX options - G10 and EM foreign exchange markets
• Global Rates - G10 money and government debt markets
• EM Asia - FX and debt markets in Emerging Asia
If you have any questions or would like a trial then please contact us at
IDEAglobal launches an improved and enhanced version of Global Rates portfolio on Reuters
IDEAglobal Tops 1st Quarter Currency Survey
IDEA and Policymakers
IDEAglobals focus is to provide independent, forward-looking actionable research on the global financial markets twenty-four hours a day.
The IDEAfirst Team
Meet the individuals who produce our market moving insights.
About IDEA Morning Briefings
The flagship of IDEAglobal: our indispensable daily faxes. From Asia to North America, we deliver the professional key analysis every business day.