... from the IDEApro Suite
[USD] U.S. Bond Strategy for October 19
[USD] Treasuries saw curve-wide downward pressure extended in the wake of September housing starts/building permits data for September, which were largely taken in the context of bigger picture housing slowing despite coming in weaker than expectations. On balance, the series continues to show continued volatility in demand for new housing (as has been the case for some time).
10/18/2017 7:45:04 PM
[USD] Recap: Fed Beige Book Highlights
[USD] For full Fed Beige Book summary, see below.
10/18/2017 6:16:30 PM
[USD] US Preview: Leading Indicators
[USD] The September Conference Board leading economic indicators report will be released Thursday, 19 October at 10:00EDT (14:00GMT). We expect a +0.2% increase to be registered in the composite measure for September, following the +0.4% m/m reading seen in August.
10/18/2017 5:08:34 PM
[USD] US Preview: Philadelphia Fed
[USD] The August Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia manufacturing activity index will be released Thursday, 19 September at 08:30EDT (12:30GMT). Following the increase seen in September, we anticipate some pullback will be seen in the Philadelphia Fed measure. Accordingly, following the volatility seen in recent months, we expect the headline measure will see a decrease to around +18.0 in October (from +23.8), maintaining support in the coming months as manufacturing prospects gradually improve.
10/18/2017 4:20:35 PM
IDEAglobal clients have been asking if we could make some revisions to the FX service
on Thomson Reuters (IDEAFX). In response we have added a number of benefits for you:
- Streamlined product structure for ease of use.
- Reordered technical pages to allow users to more quickly review our technical calls on major FX pairs.
- Daily CNH analysis (IDEAFX70) in light of the surge in FX volume seen in the offshore market over recent quarters.
Download the IDEAFX product guide here.
IDEAglobal TV, Videos & Media
IDEAglobal products on Bloomberg
IDEAglobal products can now be accessed on Bloomberg in two ways:
1. NH IDE. This will pull up all of IDEAglobal’s research in a newswire format, from which you can scroll down and click onto the analysis or strategy piece of interest. Additionally, based on your subscription you will also have access to IDEAglobal research within relevant Bloomberg news feeds.
2. IDGL. This provides a menu for IDEAglobal’s products, arranged by their key sections: FastTrack, Fundamental Analysis, Technical Analysis, and Strategy. This then allows the user to drill down to specific articles on the markets covered by IDEAglobal. (See example here.)
IDEAglobal's main products are:
• FX and FX options - G10 and EM foreign exchange markets
• Global Rates - G10 money and government debt markets
• EM Asia - FX and debt markets in Emerging Asia
If you have any questions or would like a trial then please contact us at
IDEAglobal launches an improved and enhanced version of Global Rates portfolio on Reuters
IDEAglobal Tops 1st Quarter Currency Survey
IDEA and Policymakers
IDEAglobals focus is to provide independent, forward-looking actionable research on the global financial markets twenty-four hours a day.
The IDEAfirst Team
Meet the individuals who produce our market moving insights.
About IDEA Morning Briefings
The flagship of IDEAglobal: our indispensable daily faxes. From Asia to North America, we deliver the professional key analysis every business day.