... from the IDEApro Suite
[USD] U.S. Bond Strategy for March 29
[USD] The Treasury complex saw downward pressure across the curve on Tuesday, eliminating the gains seen to open the week following the release of considerably stronger than expected Conference Board consumer confidence data that reached its highest level since March 2010 (125.6 in March, up from 116.1 in February).
3/28/2017 7:19:10 PM
[MKT] FX market strategy for 29 Mar
[MKT] The USD has consolidated since Monday's fall on Trump-trade disappointment, but we would say that the currency's immediate risks are still on the downside. Please see below for our updated FX strategy.
3/28/2017 4:37:22 PM
[USD] US Preview: Pending Home Sales
[USD] The February NAR pending home sales report will be released Wednesday, 29 March at 10:00EDT (14:00GMT). We expect pending home sales will increase +2.0% m/m in February, following the -2.8% m/m decrease seen in January. Consumers have reacted rationally to the sharp changes in the value of real estate assets and are now beginning to see a broader stabilization in home prices, though likely to see further volatility following upward pressure seen on mortgage rates.
3/28/2017 3:49:38 PM
[GBP] PM May's finger on the 'Brexit' trigger
[GBP] On Weds, UK PM May invokes Article 50 of the EU Lisbon Treaty, which gives formal notification to the EU of the UK's intention to begin the process of divorce negotiations between the UK and the EU, after 44 years of UK membership of the bloc. The following day (Thurs), the govt will publish a 'White Paper' setting out its proposals for the Great Repeal Bill (GRB) which aims to provide govt ministers with the power to change certain features of EU law once they have been included in UK legislation, without requiring parliamentary approval. If passed, it will enable the govt to rip up the 1972 European Communities Act and end the primacy of EU legislation in the UK, essentially marking the departure of the UK from the jurisdiction of the European Court of Justice (ECJ). There could be a little bit of a knee-jerk negative GBP reaction, once the Article 50 trigger is pulled (via an official letter that's hand delivered by UK ambassador to the EU, Sir Tim Barrow, to EU Council President, Donald Tusk), but not too much at this juncture as a lot of this inevitability has already been priced in. That said, the longer-term risks for GBP remain to the downside.
3/28/2017 3:36:09 PM
IDEAglobal clients have been asking if we could make some revisions to the FX service
on Thomson Reuters (IDEAFX). In response we have added a number of benefits for you:
- Streamlined product structure for ease of use.
- Reordered technical pages to allow users to more quickly review our technical calls on major FX pairs.
- Daily CNH analysis (IDEAFX70) in light of the surge in FX volume seen in the offshore market over recent quarters.
Download the IDEAFX product guide here.
IDEAglobal TV, Videos & Media
IDEAglobal products on Bloomberg
IDEAglobal products can now be accessed on Bloomberg in two ways:
1. NH IDE. This will pull up all of IDEAglobal’s research in a newswire format, from which you can scroll down and click onto the analysis or strategy piece of interest. Additionally, based on your subscription you will also have access to IDEAglobal research within relevant Bloomberg news feeds.
2. IDGL. This provides a menu for IDEAglobal’s products, arranged by their key sections: FastTrack, Fundamental Analysis, Technical Analysis, and Strategy. This then allows the user to drill down to specific articles on the markets covered by IDEAglobal. (See example here.)
IDEAglobal's main products are:
• FX and FX options - G10 and EM foreign exchange markets
• Global Rates - G10 money and government debt markets
• EM Asia - FX and debt markets in Emerging Asia
If you have any questions or would like a trial then please contact us at
IDEAglobal launches an improved and enhanced version of Global Rates portfolio on Reuters
IDEAglobal Tops 1st Quarter Currency Survey
IDEA and Policymakers
IDEAglobals focus is to provide independent, forward-looking actionable research on the global financial markets twenty-four hours a day.
The IDEAfirst Team
Meet the individuals who produce our market moving insights.
About IDEA Morning Briefings
The flagship of IDEAglobal: our indispensable daily faxes. From Asia to North America, we deliver the professional key analysis every business day.