... from the IDEApro Suite
[USD] US Bond Strategy for August 20
[USD] Treasury finished little changed overall to finish off the week on Friday as news of possible trade reconciliation between the US and China (at least an assumed desire to resolve disagreements). With respect to data, markets were greeted by lackluster University of Michigan consumer sentiment (decreasing to 95.3 in August, lowest reading since September 2017), contrasted by further gains in Conference Board leading economic indicators (increasing +0.6% m/m in July, versus +0.5% m/m in June).
8/17/2018 7:44:28 PM
[USD] US Week Ahead: 20 - 24 August 2018
[USD] Markets in the US receive a lighter flow of data in the week ahead. Beginning on Wednesday, markets receive existing home sales (expect an increase in the headline measure towards 5.50mln for July) and FOMC minutes. On Thursday, markets receive jobless claims (expect an increase in initial claims towards 220k for the week ending 18 August), Markit US manufacturing/services PMIs and new home sales releases (expect an increase in the headline measure towards 650k for July). Finishing off the week on Friday, markets receive durable goods orders data (expect an overall increase of +1.2% m/m, alongside an ex-transportation increase of +0.5% m/m for July).
8/17/2018 5:47:49 PM
[FRX] FX market strategy for 20 August
[FRX] Despite a mildly risk-off tone, Friday saw more retracement of the USD's latest rally - which we expect will prove limited. (Please see below for our full, updated FX strategy).
8/17/2018 3:41:18 PM
[USD] Recap: July Leading Indicators Up +0.6% M/M
[USD] For full Conference Board leading economic indicators summary, see below.
8/17/2018 2:37:31 PM
IDEAglobal clients have been asking if we could make some revisions to the FX service
on Thomson Reuters (IDEAFX). In response we have added a number of benefits for you:
- Streamlined product structure for ease of use.
- Reordered technical pages to allow users to more quickly review our technical calls on major FX pairs.
- Daily CNH analysis (IDEAFX70) in light of the surge in FX volume seen in the offshore market over recent quarters.
Download the IDEAFX product guide here.
IDEAglobal TV, Videos & Media
IDEAglobal products on Bloomberg
IDEAglobal products can now be accessed on Bloomberg in two ways:
1. NH IDE. This will pull up all of IDEAglobal’s research in a newswire format, from which you can scroll down and click onto the analysis or strategy piece of interest. Additionally, based on your subscription you will also have access to IDEAglobal research within relevant Bloomberg news feeds.
2. IDGL. This provides a menu for IDEAglobal’s products, arranged by their key sections: FastTrack, Fundamental Analysis, Technical Analysis, and Strategy. This then allows the user to drill down to specific articles on the markets covered by IDEAglobal. (See example here.)
IDEAglobal's main products are:
• FX and FX options - G10 and EM foreign exchange markets
• Global Rates - G10 money and government debt markets
• EM Asia - FX and debt markets in Emerging Asia
If you have any questions or would like a trial then please contact us at
IDEAglobal launches an improved and enhanced version of Global Rates portfolio on Reuters
IDEAglobal Tops 1st Quarter Currency Survey
IDEA and Policymakers
IDEAglobals focus is to provide independent, forward-looking actionable research on the global financial markets twenty-four hours a day.
The IDEAfirst Team
Meet the individuals who produce our market moving insights.
About IDEA Morning Briefings
The flagship of IDEAglobal: our indispensable daily faxes. From Asia to North America, we deliver the professional key analysis every business day.