... from the IDEApro Suite
[USD] U.S. Bond Strategy for May 30
[USD] Treasuries were little changed to finish off the week on Friday as markets absorbed relatively mixed economic data ahead of Memorial Day weekend (markets closed on Monday). With respect to data, markets saw contrasting pressure with upward revisions to preliminary 1Q17 GDP (+1.2%, revised higher from advance +0.7% result), offset by relatively weak durable goods orders data for April (highlighted by an unchanged m/m result for core orders, versus the unchanged m/m reading see for March).
5/26/2017 7:29:08 PM
[MKT] FX market strategy for 29 May
[MKT] While EUR/USD and USD/JPY both came down on Friday, the big mover on the downside was GBP/USD.. (Please see below for our updated FX strategy.)
5/26/2017 4:19:54 PM
[USD] The US Week Ahead: 29 May - 2 June 2017
[USD] Markets in the US receive a greater flow of data throughout the holiday-shortened week ahead (Memorial Day holiday on Monday). Beginning on Tuesday, markets receive personal income/spending (expect a personal income increase of +0.3% m/m, alongside a personal spending increase of +0.4% m/m for April), S&P CoreLogic Case-Shiller home prices (expect a composite-20 increase of +5/80% y/y for March) and consumer confidence releases (expect a decrease in the headline measure towards 118.0 for May). On Wednesday, markets receive Chicago PMI (expect a decrease in the headline measure towards 57.0 for May), pending home sales (expect an overall increase of +0.9% m/m for April) and Fed Beige Book releases.
5/26/2017 3:50:06 PM
[GBP] The week ahead in the UK
[GBP] Next week is a holiday-shortened one in the UK with the markets closed on Mon for the late-Spring Bank holiday. So, players return Tues to digest any new opinion poll findings and indeed the May sectoral PMIs which we expect to show improved activity in the industrial and construction spheres. Any evidence the Tories are struggling to wrest back previous support ahead of the Jun 8 general election will likely keep GBP under the cosh. Latest BoE data on mortgage approvals and credit supply to households in Apr also come in view, and Nationwide publishes its May house price report.
5/26/2017 3:15:21 PM
IDEAglobal clients have been asking if we could make some revisions to the FX service
on Thomson Reuters (IDEAFX). In response we have added a number of benefits for you:
- Streamlined product structure for ease of use.
- Reordered technical pages to allow users to more quickly review our technical calls on major FX pairs.
- Daily CNH analysis (IDEAFX70) in light of the surge in FX volume seen in the offshore market over recent quarters.
Download the IDEAFX product guide here.
IDEAglobal TV, Videos & Media
IDEAglobal products on Bloomberg
IDEAglobal products can now be accessed on Bloomberg in two ways:
1. NH IDE. This will pull up all of IDEAglobal’s research in a newswire format, from which you can scroll down and click onto the analysis or strategy piece of interest. Additionally, based on your subscription you will also have access to IDEAglobal research within relevant Bloomberg news feeds.
2. IDGL. This provides a menu for IDEAglobal’s products, arranged by their key sections: FastTrack, Fundamental Analysis, Technical Analysis, and Strategy. This then allows the user to drill down to specific articles on the markets covered by IDEAglobal. (See example here.)
IDEAglobal's main products are:
• FX and FX options - G10 and EM foreign exchange markets
• Global Rates - G10 money and government debt markets
• EM Asia - FX and debt markets in Emerging Asia
If you have any questions or would like a trial then please contact us at
IDEAglobal launches an improved and enhanced version of Global Rates portfolio on Reuters
IDEAglobal Tops 1st Quarter Currency Survey
IDEA and Policymakers
IDEAglobals focus is to provide independent, forward-looking actionable research on the global financial markets twenty-four hours a day.
The IDEAfirst Team
Meet the individuals who produce our market moving insights.
About IDEA Morning Briefings
The flagship of IDEAglobal: our indispensable daily faxes. From Asia to North America, we deliver the professional key analysis every business day.