... from the IDEApro Suite
[USD] US Bond Strategy for September 21
[USD] Treasuries stemmed their recent decline on Thursday following the 10Yr Note yield approaching its 2018 swing high the prior session (2.11%-close/2.13%-intraday seen in May). With respect to data, markets were greeted by fairly solid performance from both initial jobless claims (decreasing -3k to 201k, lowest level since 15 November 1969) and Philadelphia Fed manufacturing (rebounding to +22.9 in September, from +11.9 in August), followed by steady improvement in Conference Board leading indicators (increasing +0.4% m/m in August) and an unchanged m/m reading seen from existing home sales.
9/20/2018 7:56:06 PM
[FRX] FX market strategy for 21 Sep
[FRX] The USD index dropped on Thursday to a 10-week low, but its downside may be limited from here. (Please see below for our full, updated FX strategy).
9/20/2018 4:18:47 PM
[GBP] Post-Brexit Irish border impasse continues.
[GBP] The informal EU summit in Salzburg yielded no breakthrough, nor any sign of progress at all, on a Brexit deal.
9/20/2018 3:02:18 PM
[USD] Recap: August Leading Indicators Up +0.4% M/M
[USD] For full Conference Board leading indicators summary, see below.
9/20/2018 2:18:02 PM
IDEAglobal clients have been asking if we could make some revisions to the FX service
on Thomson Reuters (IDEAFX). In response we have added a number of benefits for you:
- Streamlined product structure for ease of use.
- Reordered technical pages to allow users to more quickly review our technical calls on major FX pairs.
- Daily CNH analysis (IDEAFX70) in light of the surge in FX volume seen in the offshore market over recent quarters.
Download the IDEAFX product guide here.
IDEAglobal TV, Videos & Media
IDEAglobal products on Bloomberg
IDEAglobal products can now be accessed on Bloomberg in two ways:
1. NH IDE. This will pull up all of IDEAglobal’s research in a newswire format, from which you can scroll down and click onto the analysis or strategy piece of interest. Additionally, based on your subscription you will also have access to IDEAglobal research within relevant Bloomberg news feeds.
2. IDGL. This provides a menu for IDEAglobal’s products, arranged by their key sections: FastTrack, Fundamental Analysis, Technical Analysis, and Strategy. This then allows the user to drill down to specific articles on the markets covered by IDEAglobal. (See example here.)
IDEAglobal's main products are:
• FX and FX options - G10 and EM foreign exchange markets
• Global Rates - G10 money and government debt markets
• EM Asia - FX and debt markets in Emerging Asia
If you have any questions or would like a trial then please contact us at
IDEAglobal launches an improved and enhanced version of Global Rates portfolio on Reuters
IDEAglobal Tops 1st Quarter Currency Survey
IDEA and Policymakers
IDEAglobals focus is to provide independent, forward-looking actionable research on the global financial markets twenty-four hours a day.
The IDEAfirst Team
Meet the individuals who produce our market moving insights.
About IDEA Morning Briefings
The flagship of IDEAglobal: our indispensable daily faxes. From Asia to North America, we deliver the professional key analysis every business day.