... from the IDEApro Suite
[USD] US Bond Strategy for November 16
[USD] Treasuries saw upward pressure early on Thursday, continuing to take their cues from equity market volatility. On the data front, markets absorbed an early flurry of releases, highlighted by stronger than expected retail sales (increasing +0.8% m/m in October), import prices and Empire manufacturing releases. To downside, markets also saw a plunge in the Philadelphia Fed manufacturing release, dampened by weaker underlying components (and further downward pressure in the six-month outlook).
11/15/2018 7:56:22 PM
[USD] Preview: Ind. Production/Cap. Utilization
[USD] The October Federal Reserve industrial production and capacity utilization report will be released on Friday at 09:15EST (14:15GMT). We expect industrial production will increase +0.2%, versus the +0.3% reading seen in September, alongside firmer production levels in manufacturing. This should come alongside an overall increase in capacity utilization to 78.3% in October, versus the 78.1% reading seen in September.
11/15/2018 6:08:50 PM
[FRX] FX market strategy for 16 Nov
[FRX] GBP plunged on Thursday following the resignation of UK Brexit secretary Raab, and further losses for the currency are in store until the path ahead becomes clearer. (Please see below for our updated FX strategy.)
11/15/2018 4:44:29 PM
[USD] Recap: Business Inventories Up +0.3% M/M
[USD] For full business inventories summary, see below.
11/15/2018 3:06:19 PM
IDEAglobal clients have been asking if we could make some revisions to the FX service
on Thomson Reuters (IDEAFX). In response we have added a number of benefits for you:
- Streamlined product structure for ease of use.
- Reordered technical pages to allow users to more quickly review our technical calls on major FX pairs.
- Daily CNH analysis (IDEAFX70) in light of the surge in FX volume seen in the offshore market over recent quarters.
Download the IDEAFX product guide here.
IDEAglobal TV, Videos & Media
IDEAglobal products on Bloomberg
IDEAglobal products can now be accessed on Bloomberg in two ways:
1. NH IDE. This will pull up all of IDEAglobal’s research in a newswire format, from which you can scroll down and click onto the analysis or strategy piece of interest. Additionally, based on your subscription you will also have access to IDEAglobal research within relevant Bloomberg news feeds.
2. IDGL. This provides a menu for IDEAglobal’s products, arranged by their key sections: FastTrack, Fundamental Analysis, Technical Analysis, and Strategy. This then allows the user to drill down to specific articles on the markets covered by IDEAglobal. (See example here.)
IDEAglobal's main products are:
• FX and FX options - G10 and EM foreign exchange markets
• Global Rates - G10 money and government debt markets
• EM Asia - FX and debt markets in Emerging Asia
If you have any questions or would like a trial then please contact us at
IDEAglobal launches an improved and enhanced version of Global Rates portfolio on Reuters
IDEAglobal Tops 1st Quarter Currency Survey
IDEA and Policymakers
IDEAglobals focus is to provide independent, forward-looking actionable research on the global financial markets twenty-four hours a day.
The IDEAfirst Team
Meet the individuals who produce our market moving insights.
About IDEA Morning Briefings
The flagship of IDEAglobal: our indispensable daily faxes. From Asia to North America, we deliver the professional key analysis every business day.