... from the IDEApro Suite
[USD] U.S. Bond Strategy for December 5
[USD] Treasuries managed to rebound on Friday despite the November employment report coming in around market expectations with respect to non-farm payrolls (+178k), coupled with a push lower in the headline unemployment rate to 4.6% (nine-year low). Partially offsetting the headline performance, underlying components left more to be desired, particularly the -0.1% m/m decrease in average hourly earnings.
12/2/2016 8:54:18 PM
[MKT] FX market strategy for 5 Dec
[MKT] (FX strategy update) While the USD should be in a consolidative mode following the mixed US employment report, the FX market will react on Monday morning to the Italian referendum result.
12/2/2016 5:03:22 PM
[CAD] Canada Week Ahead: 5-9 December 2016
[CAD] Markets in Canada receive a greater flow of data in the week ahead. Beginning on Tuesday, markets receive international merchandise trade (expect a narrower net deficit of around CAD -3.8bln for October) and Ivey PMI data (expect a headline decrease towards 55.0 for November). On Wednesday, markets receive the BoC rate decision/statement (expect no change in the overnight rate target of 0.50%). Finishing off the week in terms of data on Thursday, markets receive housing starts (expect an increase towards 200k for November), capacity utilization (expect a headline pullback towards 79.0% for 3Q16), new housing price index (expect an overall increase of +0.2% m/m for October) and building permits data (expect an overall increase of +2.0% m/m for October).
12/2/2016 4:55:06 PM
[USD] US Preview: ISM Non-Manufacturing
[USD] The November Institute for Supply Management non-manufacturing report will be released on Monday, 5 December at 10:00EST (15:00GMT). We expect the headline measure will show modest upward pressure in November to around 55.0, versus the 54.8 reading that occurred in October. As seen previously, weak inflation adjusted consumption levels decreased the real purchasing power of individuals to the extent that markets observed clear signs of slowing in relatively stable areas of the economy, particularly the service sector. Anticipating little change from the mixed reading seen in recent months, we expect only a modest increase will be on display in the November release, yielding a 55.0 result.
12/2/2016 4:48:25 PM
IDEAglobal clients have been asking if we could make some revisions to the FX service
on Thomson Reuters (IDEAFX). In response we have added a number of benefits for you:
- Streamlined product structure for ease of use.
- Reordered technical pages to allow users to more quickly review our technical calls on major FX pairs.
- Daily CNH analysis (IDEAFX70) in light of the surge in FX volume seen in the offshore market over recent quarters.
Download the IDEAFX product guide here.
IDEAglobal TV, Videos & Media
IDEAglobal products on Bloomberg
IDEAglobal products can now be accessed on Bloomberg in two ways:
1. NH IDE. This will pull up all of IDEAglobal’s research in a newswire format, from which you can scroll down and click onto the analysis or strategy piece of interest. Additionally, based on your subscription you will also have access to IDEAglobal research within relevant Bloomberg news feeds.
2. IDGL. This provides a menu for IDEAglobal’s products, arranged by their key sections: FastTrack, Fundamental Analysis, Technical Analysis, and Strategy. This then allows the user to drill down to specific articles on the markets covered by IDEAglobal. (See example here.)
IDEAglobal's main products are:
• FX and FX options - G10 and EM foreign exchange markets
• Global Rates - G10 money and government debt markets
• EM Asia - FX and debt markets in Emerging Asia
If you have any questions or would like a trial then please contact us at
IDEAglobal launches an improved and enhanced version of Global Rates portfolio on Reuters
IDEAglobal Tops 1st Quarter Currency Survey
IDEA and Policymakers
IDEAglobals focus is to provide independent, forward-looking actionable research on the global financial markets twenty-four hours a day.
The IDEAfirst Team
Meet the individuals who produce our market moving insights.
About IDEA Morning Briefings
The flagship of IDEAglobal: our indispensable daily faxes. From Asia to North America, we deliver the professional key analysis every business day.