... from the IDEApro Suite
[USD] U.S. Bond Strategy for January 23
[USD] Treasuries saw mixed performance to finish off the week on Friday as upward pressure in the short-end was contrasted by range-bound trading further out the curve. This came alongside a modest rebound in equities, managing to break the week's string of selling amidst of Presidential fanfare as Donald Trump was sworn in as the 45th US President. In his inaugural address, Trump largely sent a message of 'America First,' repeating campaign promises to protect US borders from the 'ravages' of other countries making American products, stealing its companies and destroying jobs.
1/20/2017 7:52:59 PM
[USD] The US Week Ahead: 23 - 27 January 2017
[USD] Markets in the US receive a lighter flow of data in the week ahead. On Tuesday, markets receive Markit US manufacturing PMI and existing home sales data (expect a decrease in the headline measure towards 5.50mln for December). On Thursday, markets receive jobless claims (expect an increase in initial claims towards 245k for the week ending 21 January), Markit US services PMI, new home sales (expect a decrease in the headline measure towards 585k for December) and leading indicators releases (expect an overall increase of +0.4% m/m for December). Finishing off the week on Friday, markets receive GDP (expect an advance reading of +2.3% for 4Q16), durable goods orders (expect an overall increase of +3.5% m/m for December) and University of Michigan consumer sentiment data (expect little change in the final reading around 98.0 for January).
1/20/2017 5:37:17 PM
[EUR] The week ahead in the Eurozone
[EUR] Under the spotlight in the Eurozone will be the preliminary sectoral PMI readings for Jan which we expect to be more upbeat. The German Ifo and French INSEE surveys for the same month are also due and should reveal improved business climates. German and French consumer confidence surveys for Jan are also expected and we look for these to depict a hardening of household morale. Eurozone M3 money supply data for Dec are expected to show a moderate acceleration in the annual growth rate.
1/20/2017 4:48:04 PM
[GBP] The week ahead in the UK
[GBP] The key event in the UK is the Supreme Court's announcement on the 'Brexit' Article 50 ruling on whether the govt can use its Royal Prerogative to bypass Parliament and trigger divorce proceedings with the EU. We think the ruling will support the High Court's earlier judgment that a parliamentary vote be held. In terms of the economic indicators, the key focus is on the preliminary estimate of Q4 GDP, which could surprise on the downside. Other data coming into view include the Dec fiscal finances figures and the Jan CBI surveys on the manufacturing and retailing industries. The BBA bank mortgage approvals data for Dec should provide clues about the latest developments in housing market activity.
1/20/2017 4:38:55 PM
IDEAglobal clients have been asking if we could make some revisions to the FX service
on Thomson Reuters (IDEAFX). In response we have added a number of benefits for you:
- Streamlined product structure for ease of use.
- Reordered technical pages to allow users to more quickly review our technical calls on major FX pairs.
- Daily CNH analysis (IDEAFX70) in light of the surge in FX volume seen in the offshore market over recent quarters.
Download the IDEAFX product guide here.
IDEAglobal TV, Videos & Media
IDEAglobal products on Bloomberg
IDEAglobal products can now be accessed on Bloomberg in two ways:
1. NH IDE. This will pull up all of IDEAglobal’s research in a newswire format, from which you can scroll down and click onto the analysis or strategy piece of interest. Additionally, based on your subscription you will also have access to IDEAglobal research within relevant Bloomberg news feeds.
2. IDGL. This provides a menu for IDEAglobal’s products, arranged by their key sections: FastTrack, Fundamental Analysis, Technical Analysis, and Strategy. This then allows the user to drill down to specific articles on the markets covered by IDEAglobal. (See example here.)
IDEAglobal's main products are:
• FX and FX options - G10 and EM foreign exchange markets
• Global Rates - G10 money and government debt markets
• EM Asia - FX and debt markets in Emerging Asia
If you have any questions or would like a trial then please contact us at
IDEAglobal launches an improved and enhanced version of Global Rates portfolio on Reuters
IDEAglobal Tops 1st Quarter Currency Survey
IDEA and Policymakers
IDEAglobals focus is to provide independent, forward-looking actionable research on the global financial markets twenty-four hours a day.
The IDEAfirst Team
Meet the individuals who produce our market moving insights.
About IDEA Morning Briefings
The flagship of IDEAglobal: our indispensable daily faxes. From Asia to North America, we deliver the professional key analysis every business day.