... from the IDEApro Suite
[USD] US Bond Strategy for November 19
[USD] Treasuries surged higher to open the week on Monday following reports of Chinese pessimism regarding its trade deal with the US due to the Trump administration's unwillingness to rollback previously implemented tariffs. The announcement of this news saw the 10Yr Note yield shed roughly -4bps towards 1.82%, before seeing additional downward pressure over the remainder of the morning.
11/18/2019 8:39:09 PM
[USD] Preview: Housing Starts/Building Permits
[USD] The October US Commerce Department housing starts and building permits report will be released Tuesday at 08:30EST (13:30GMT). We expect an overall increase in the housing starts measure to 1325k in October, versus the 1256k result that occurred in September. Meanwhile, we anticipate building permits will decrease to around 1370k in October, versus the 1387k result seen in September. On balance, weakness in single-family housing starts, coupled with more volatile results seen in multi-family starts, should keep the overall measure at historically weak levels, despite budding improvement.
11/18/2019 4:59:34 PM
[FRX] FX market strategy for 19 November
[FRX] The main forex mover on Monday was GBP rallying, while the USD remained under pressure. (See below for our updated FX strategy.)
11/18/2019 4:25:15 PM
[IDR] Another 25bps rate cut likely this Thursday
[IDR] BI's policy decision is due on Thursday and we are expecting it to continue unwinding last year's tightening that totalled 175bps by delivering another 25bps rate cut, taking the policy rate to 4.75%. The latest CPI data as well as IDR appreciation allow the central bank to continue easing without worrying about aggravating inflation or IDR stability. Recall that headline inflation eased to 3.1% y/y in October from 3.4% y/y in September while the IDR has sustained its strengthening bias against the USD (appreciating by over 2% against the USD in the year-to-date).
11/18/2019 1:21:02 PM
IDEAglobal clients have been asking if we could make some revisions to the FX service
on Thomson Reuters (IDEAFX). In response we have added a number of benefits for you:
- Streamlined product structure for ease of use.
- Reordered technical pages to allow users to more quickly review our technical calls on major FX pairs.
- Daily CNH analysis (IDEAFX70) in light of the surge in FX volume seen in the offshore market over recent quarters.
Download the IDEAFX product guide here.
IDEAglobal products on Bloomberg
IDEAglobal products can now be accessed on Bloomberg in two ways:
1. NH IDE. This will pull up all of IDEAglobal’s research in a newswire format, from which you can scroll down and click onto the analysis or strategy piece of interest. Additionally, based on your subscription you will also have access to IDEAglobal research within relevant Bloomberg news feeds.
2. IDGL. This provides a menu for IDEAglobal’s products, arranged by their key sections: FastTrack, Fundamental Analysis, Technical Analysis, and Strategy. This then allows the user to drill down to specific articles on the markets covered by IDEAglobal. (See example here.)
IDEAglobal's main products are:
• FX and FX options - G10 and EM foreign exchange markets
• Global Rates - G10 money and government debt markets
• EM Asia - FX and debt markets in Emerging Asia
If you have any questions or would like a trial then please contact us at
IDEA and Policymakers
IDEAglobals focus is to provide independent, forward-looking actionable research on the global financial markets twenty-four hours a day.
The IDEAfirst Team
Meet the individuals who produce our market moving insights.
About IDEA Morning Briefings
The flagship of IDEAglobal: our indispensable daily faxes. From Asia to North America, we deliver the professional key analysis every business day.